Friday, August 03, 2007

Unknowingly surreal

You do get a little bit disappointed when your friends from UK came to Malaysia and you didn't know!!! Shows how introverted I am. =( Ah well, the fascinating part of it is that they took pixxies of stuff seemingly trivial to the locals. Like the road side stalls, the huge century-old trees with creepers hanging from them, a fountain, the mamak shops, and the markets. Well, actually, i have always found markets to be very delightful. They're full of life (and dead livestock ..haha, yes, irony intended), vigour and colour. One of the best markets that i've been is the one in Kuching, on Sundays. Pasar Tamu they called it i think. It was soooooo fascinating. I never felt so elated and it gives me such excitement now just thinking about it. There were fruits and veggies that the peninsular does not have, an amazing range of seafood (we bought fresh sea cucumbers!) and there were a variety of flower species..and even pet animals!!! oh, how adorable seeing furry little cutesy animals hopping running about, and the fisheys. oh*ooh*oooh*

Ok, back to where i was at. Yeah, they took photos of skyscrapers, butterflies and dragonflies, orchids..etc. Things that I rarely snap photos of previously. But guess what, I do now! haha, then mebbe i can put them up on facebook and let my UK friends envy of my 'wickkkeddd summer hols'. WAkakakaka!

I do think that we are very blessed with the flora and fauna that we have. I have never seen a lizard in UK! ....but within a month at home, i got frightened several times by them already. Butterflies are uncommon too. Speaking of which, I rarely see butterflies and moths around my housing area anymore. =( sigh.

Oh, and when i was in KL, i took a pic of the KL tower + Twin Towers with my bro in it. =D

....but, i don't know how we're gonna grow up and start being more civilised. Locals treat 'white' foreigners so much better than their own.

----------------
Shu is currently pressing the ivory keys to the tunes of:


Endless Love - is one of wk's fav song?..rite? :P



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone just ignore the things around their close proximity. I doubt you had given Colum Road much attention everyday when you go to school.

Anyway, would love to take some night shots in KL though~~~

Wei Kang 小康 said...

Yes, it's one of my fav songs!

ShuLy said...

hehe. well, i have taken much attention to Colum Road. I have a photo taken outside the house. and inside too of course. =D esp the tree which got trimmed at the corner during late spring.

ShuLy said...

...and i wish i have a better camera. *sigh* if only i have the resources. i'd probably could earn it. but, i guess there's lack of confidence in myself, doubts and all on whether i'd make a white elephant out of it.

Wei Kang 小康 said...

Maybe the lizards got frightened by u when u were frightened by them. It's mutual i suppose. =P

This is lame, i know.

=P

ShuLy said...

hehe. yes. mutual. :)
like when i loook and you, and you look and me....!! (0.o)