Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Seems Just Like Yesterday

Once in a long while, I look back into my blog. Recollecting memories and thoughts I once had, and how I came about them. It seems like such a long time ago but when triggered, only seems like yesterday. Creativity and linguistic skills have definitely stalled in the midst of life and its transitions. For example, had to think a long hard while to remember what was the last (non-medical/non-fiction) book I read! It was 'Songs of the Humpback Whale'. I actually did enjoy reading that book over spring holidays. The book has been with me for almost 3 years and I finally picked it up and it travelled with me across the oceans back to Malaysia. It was such a refreshing moment. I shall not be too ambitious to say that I would like to read a book every week, nor every month. Perhaps, I shall start with every season. Summer is saying its goodbye soon, so I need to up my focus and grab a good read soon. Oh, and a holiday is always overdue. ;) I love to travel, to see new things, tantalise my palate, absorb culture, and take lots and lots of amazing photos. I believe that where I am at the moment is making me think long and hard about what is going on and to which direction I would like it to go, and of course, where I'd like to be, and whom I would love share it with. The latter has the clearest answers, but as for the rest, its still rapidly evolving! I like to think that I used to know the answers to most questions I have in my mind. Of late, there have been too many confounding factors, and rather important and impossible to ignore. I have become complacent in life, which sounds like a really bad thing. So, as for now, whilst dreaming for the amazing, I shall focus of the dreaded priority.
Pic taken when I was at Boston, Mass 2009.

No comments: