Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cloudy murkish skies

The sky is cloudy and gray today. Here I am, at the hospital supposedly to be learning how to take patient history and learning clinical skills. I have managed to take a few patients' history for the past week. though not as many as another girl has. she is shadowing a grueling consultant. as for me, i have only seen my consultant ONCE and that was in his clinic for a couple of hours. i have told his team what is the purpose of me being here but yet, i have yet to learn much. i took my own initiative today and did learn a little more than normal. and surprisingly, the SHO i was shadowing talked to me more than normal. what i miss was the fifth year student who is supposed to be shadowing the SHOs too. he's a real cool fella. at least he speaks more! and i must say, he is much nicer to me than the others! i don't want to be a stereotype, but it's rather common, this fifth year is a HE. so usually HEs don't show their face all the time and stay around as long as they are supposed to. HEs are sometime rather smart too. it's not easy to gather the courage to skive off earlier than scheduled, but the HEs seem to be doing them rather easily. haha! but it's good to have a few around.

i should be walking around my ward asking for patients so that i can do a history on them. but really, i am more interested to be doing clinical examinations.

on a different note, i have learnt more about humans attitudes than anything clinical. not necessary patients, but hospital staff and fellow collegues as well. people have faces, and usually, more than one. sometimes, it takes a new setting/surrounding/conditions to let that person bring out that particular face. mmm* this is something that i guess everyone knows. but y'know...when it hits you, you feel it stronger than usual and thus have the inclination to blog about it like how i am doing now.

i'll be having my exams in 3 weeks time. It is going to be a torturous, hectic and busy month ahead. i hope that you'd pray for my wellbeing and that the days ahead would be good and easy.

and of course, after the exams, there are the holidays to look forward to. I'll be seeing him again soon..after such a long missing. and then, i'll be back in Malaysia! =D

2 comments:

monkticon said...

yeap, don't forget to call me when u are back! lets go for makan makan!

ShuLy said...

MOST DEFINITELY!!! *jumps with joy and glee going yippie!yippie!yippie* =P