Sunday, October 07, 2007

Why weekends are against me.


Sunday..is both a day of joy and sorrow. It means that Monday is tomorrow (obviously) and it's back to placements/lectures/clinicals/GP/skills.. But it is also good because it's a rest day.

I always look forward for the weekend. It is tough to go on and on non-stop, more so since there are not many religious breaks in between term time in UK, unlike Malaysia. I do not know when is the Queen's birthday, but 2 years that I've been here, I don't think it's during term time, or if it is, there wasn't a holiday.

I really had look forward to this weekend especially. A long 5 days worth of medical school in a week, you just want more time to spend on yourself, and what you want to do. Sadly, this has not been the case. I am tired when I wake up. I am sad when I go to bed. And during the daytime, I can't do the things I wish I could do, because it involves another person who has his own plans, and I am not in the picture..sadly. I always think that perhaps I should not rely so much on a single person to spend my time with. Because if the other person doesn't seem to be there much of the time, you'll just feel down.
I have also come to realise that these are my ideals. Ideals that would make me happy. Ideals that will bring much joy and happiness to my life. So I should be steadfast in what I believe in, and not be in doubt.

Between 2, sometimes, it's not really a compromise because it's not 100% mutual. It's more like a give and take. The differences are not blended together. They are still present, just that you close an eye, hold your mouth and swallow the bitterness of it all. But what's the point in being bitter? I still believe strongly that there is someone for everyone out there (should they choose to have another in their life) which fits like the key and lock theory for enzymes.

If it is 'right', then things should fit in nicely, like puzzle pieces falling into place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Queen's Birthday is somewhere in June. The official one that is.

In Wales, people are fighting for St. Davids day to be made into a Bank Holiday since St. Patrick Day and and St Andrews day are bank Holidays in Ireland and Scotland respectively if I am not wrong.