Monday, March 29, 2010

My photos

If you look at my almost-daily, sometimes weekly, photos on my facebook pages, you would probably think that I like posting my photos up.

But it isn't quite just that.
The photos mean a lot to me. They reflect the overflow of emotions that I feel through the day. Sometimes, they express more than I could ever do. They allow me to channel my thoughts and feelings and just this inexplicable emotion and pour them out, in droplets, into these seemingly 'mere photos'.

Of late, I posted a series of monochrome photos from a few places in Wales. I have put some up here too.
A friend noted that I've recently posted a colour one back up now. And this made me think, which led to the entry for this blog.

The monochrome series, I realised, meant a lot more than I thought.
I chose monochrome because things were like that for those days - rather gloom, of black, white and shades of gray. Colours were too joyous and too 'bright' for my feelings. But the contents of the photos were pictures of beauty, serenity and tranquility; and I was pleasant, contented and experiencing times of joy when I was shooting them.

The collection of photos were akin to collection of thoughts - multiple, and in angles, from the squares and rectangles, and an empty space just off-centred..an emptiness yet to be filled, but yet, overlapped with these few joys. Framed strict corners, yet fluid filled pictures...the vast sea to be explored, the steep coast to ascend, the hard stubborn rocks breaking the flow of the river to overcome, the bridges to cross, and the solitary carefree little boy, innocent and calm looking into the horizon to be envied.

I couldn't express in words how I felt back then, but indirectly, upon reflection, it translated into the photos.

I still want to reach out, be it to my inner self, or, to you.

No comments: