Wednesday, February 01, 2006

An Affair to Remember - 23rd Oct 2004

~aN aFFaiR tO reMeMBeR~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"what's in a name?
to which we call a rose,
by any other name,
would smell as sweet..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the other day, i went to a library. no, it wasn't the college's library. but at this library, they have all sorts of programmes and learning courses. so there i was, seated, reading and minding my own business whilst the people around me walked about abuzz with little chatters filling the atmosphere. it wasn't a place where all were to be quiet. no, this place is to unwind..it's not to study - solely.next to me seated a little boy. he was about the age of four. he opened a book, of which i didn't really bothered to look...his mom was there.. but when his sister came and helped him with his work, it carved a smile onto me as i heard what they were saying. it wasn't my intention to eavesdrop, but their conversation made my mind linger back to when i was about their age.

they were discussing their music theory homework!!! when the word 'crotchet', 'quavers', 'semiquavers', 'bars', 'keys', 'sharp', 'melody'...etc were mentioned, it really swept me back to the 90s! my gosh! i sound OLD! but it is the truth. i took those lessons when i was their age. when my voice sounded like a child's and my height, perhaps just about a metre tall. oh yes, i was a child then. i was brought back to the atmosphere in my piano teacher's house. gosh...i had really good memories about those times,...dreaded ones included!

now that i am back home, i took the opportunity to play the piano. the piano is slightly out of tune,..but i am totally OUT of tune! i never did have the 'touch' like Mozart or the skills of Beethoven, so i guess it was practise that had brought me where i reached in my piano skills. and those skills were mediocre. hehe, i lack the lustre then, what more now!

my education is not so good either. i'm struggling. i don't mind that. but i would like if my struggles show fruits of its labour!!!...man..this is quite disappointing.i never could seem to find something that i could entirely devote myself to. oh, please don't get me wrong, i really do wanna take up medicine, but if only i had that spark which would make the road easier. but then again, paving the way is a toil. it takes a lot of hard work and sweat.....hmm.,..if only i could add an air-conditioning system while i work!

~~~~~~~
"what is man?
a foolish baby,who cries, shouts and frets,
demanding all, deserving nothing,
one small grave is what he gets!"
~~~~~~

No comments: