Friday, March 16, 2007

My Wonderful Weekend..

The weeks that have passed by seemed to have happened in a blink of the eye. I must say that I cannot remember anything within the lecture theatre and I sure do hope that it would not kill me in due time. I guess I have to build my defence now.

It was a nice weekend to look forward to after the last exam of the term. I cringe to know that after the Easter Holidays, the exams and workload are just gonna come crashing down on me. It will be 2 weeks before the holidays actually start, and here I am, worrying about school reopening post-holidays.

About the wonderful weekend...
It was ALL ENGLAND!!!!!! and yes, I had fulfilled yet one more dream. There are not many things in life that I would say I dream about; at least not those which remain in thyself for ages since childhood. As life takes a twist, experince create a change and ambitions evolve, it is something dear to have a dream unchanged. Thus, realising this was simply marvellous. Words cannot depict how it felt. I saw childhood figures live in flesh - Chandra Wijaya, Cheah Soon Kit, Rexy Mainaky, Tony Gunawan..and not-so-childhood figures like Lin Dan, Zhang Ning, etc.

Obtaining the tickets created quite a headache for me but it was all worthwhile. It had been in my mind for the year that has passed, and I was actively seeking for them for 3 months in advanced. I wanted them really badly. And it was really amazing that a friend understood how crucial it was to get me the tickets that I finally obtained them. Thank you for helping me realise my dream.

Yupz, KKK and BHeong won! And there were groups of Malaysian scattered around the arena cheering and echoing the "Malaysia Boleh" phrase ever so synonymous with our beloved country. It was one of those moments when I truly felt that all Malaysians came together in spirit to support fellow Malaysians. There were also shouts of the players' names individually...and I found it really cute that a friend shouted for Rexy! She used to be in Indonesia's badminton team. I think he truly deserves a cheer too! It was so amazing to the extent of 'terrifying' on how the players' game revolutionised to their benefit after Rexy talked to them during the interval. Simply.."wow".

Well, we did join the English cheer for their mixed doubles players as well in the semifinals and finals! I found that the team was truly impressive though secretly, due to personal reasons, I wanted the China team to win.

Ah, and a lucky star was shining upon me during the finals. When everyone else were inside watching the game go on, I was outside the National Indoor Arena (NIA) with a handful of others...and we "bumped" into the winning team!!! oh yes, KKK, BHeong and ...RexxxxY!!! Ooooh, and we did the human wave several times! hehe..

Well, that, was just a short quip about All England. There were more to the trip of course. Meeting up with fellow Cardiffians..linking up friends...and also meeting my collegemates. =) I had a very cordial host, and very inviting friends.

I wish that I had more time to spend around them, but the weekend again had to fly by.

Monday was tiring due to the much-filled weekend. Yet, I had to prepare myself for Tuesday! I went to an event hosted by the Welsh Government. It was Wales' national celebration for the Commonwealth Nations Day. I had to speak about issues relating to my country in concordance with the theme for this year - Promoting Difference: Respecting Understanding. They actually played a recording of the Queen's speech for this occasion. It was a recording because the actual date for this celebration was the 12th of March (Monday of the second week in March). I thought that issues could have been raised better and more efficiently, but overall, it was really good. Indeed a good breather and very refreshing for me. It certainly did remind me of the wonderful times I had addressing the public. Just that this time around, it wasn't just any other group of peers. The other speakers were each distinguished representatives for their own countries, selected to speak. Our speech were recoded and presided by 2 Welsh assembly members (Wales is a nation, so the assembly is like the parliment) and a Commonwealth -somebody. haha. I didn't know until yesterday, during one of my clinical lectures, that one of the assembly member who was there was the Deputy Health Minister of Wales. They were introduced on which party they were in and not ranks in the ministry.

Then, on Weds, I had a group presentation. It was only after all these that I could finally breathe air tempo andante. So much so that I couldn't sleep properly and did not want to do anything despite having lectures to catch up to - I skipped lectures for Tues to happen!- The feeling of uncomfortness lasted until today. I hope the weekend would be good for me. There are still quite a lot that I have to do and arrange.






No comments: