Sunday, March 04, 2007

Shiny shoes

An article which I read over theStar about polishing shoes brought back memories to me. Sadly, I can not seem to link the article here. I wonder what is wrong with the hyperlink.

It evoked memories where I was just a little girl - and not so little - looking at my dad polish his shoes. The way the author described how his dad polishes his shoes were exactly the same. I have nearly forgotten how it was done and it has been years since I last saw my dad polish his shoes. But like said, it evoked memories - the smell and sight are running through my thoughts, with me wanting to polish shoes. I do not see any other guys polishing shoes anymore. Perhaps at the age of 20, one does not do that since leather shoes are rarely worn by this age group. That said, it would be fascinating to see someone actually polishing his shoe - and not from the typical shoeshine tube. Speaking of which, I think I did see one tube of Kiwi shoe-shine in a housemate's room! =)

I wonder if anyone of my age group still polishes their shoes like me and my dad before..with the soft bristle brush, a small can/paste-like Kiwi polish and worned out singlet.


oh, and Asha Gill is currently having my dream job! *sigh...*

but perhaps not too...I'd like to do it on my own pace, own time, carefree...but who's gonna pay the bills? Can't have everything rite?

2 comments:

S.Rajiv Menon said...

Hi, nice thought..

Anonymous said...

It will be nice to travel and talk and write about traveling as your work, but having the camera pointing at you nearly 24/7 is not something everyone likes. Even Ian Wright don't really fancy it.