Thursday, February 28, 2008

8.30am - 12.30pm

I am in the midst of a movie and it sparked off memories.

It makes me miss authentic chinese food so much. Home-cooked. Back in those days, I wake up with a simple yet delightful breakfast whipped up and placed on the table. Mom could not decide what to make for breakfast until the morning itself. So it was something to look forward to every night since she does not say what is for breakfast, and a wonderful surprise every morning. I can still vividly remember how the menu changed as we grew up!

When I was in the afternoon session of school, there would be a plate of rice with portions of food placed in a microwave-able plate cling foiled in the fridge for me to warm up as lunch. The aroma of it was quite the same everyday! I got used to it for months and years, but I am missing that simple routine smell now. At times, if mom had the mood, we would have extra dishes she cooked the morning itself before she went for work! I wish I had all these memories in pictures. I would love to show them to you....

Oh, how we take the daily routine of life for granted.

I wonder if these memories will stay on with me even when I am old...

On a second note, I am worried how am I going to assimilate back into society back home in the future which does not seem too far away....

God Bless.

No comments: