Friday, February 22, 2008

Product 1

I shall be blogging about new products that I try out. It is not going to be a wide range, or many since I do not try new things out each time, but more like the little bits and pieces in this small world of mine...

=)

Since this is a new idea, let's start with something "new" too!

Product name: Orange and Mango Chewing Gum
Brand: Boots
Cost: GBP 0.49
Origin: Made in Turkey



I have not tried chewing gum with a bit of "juice" in the middle, so I thought that I might as well give this a go. The other brand option was not very popular either, so I went with home brand. I bought this from Boots at the Heath Hospital, thus choices were limited.

Anyway, I actually quite like the mango and orange flavour! It was pleasant. =D However, I thought that the sugar coating could have been better. That said, these are 'sugar free' gums (there are sweeteners obviously).

The most un-positive bit was the gum itself. It was not very chewy. Rather stiff and took quite an effort! They could have improved it by putting some kinda minty flavour to the gum too in my opinion.

Edit: btw, the middle juice bit is not coloured (orange) as it is depicted on the box! it's just plain whitish stuff! (which sounds a bit wrong).


Summary:
Good bits: Good flavour, affordable price
Bad bits: Gum was stiff/tough, flavour did not last long
Overall Score: 4 out of 10


Disclaimer: This is entirely my own opinion. No one has paid to promote or disregard the product.

Note: If any people familiar with the law knows that doing this as a personal opinion in a personal blog is against the justice system, please let me know.

3 comments:

Wei Kang 小康 said...

So wat's the product 2 that u gonna 'appraise'? =P

ShuLy said...

i need to take a photo of you first. haha.

Wei Kang 小康 said...

haha... so funny la.... u wanna make me 'product 2'?

=P