Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Movies

National Movie Awards --> LINK

I wonder if it is just me, but there were some nominees which I thought outclassed the winners.

The Dark Knight - superhero award:
Well, fair enough since there were no others who came up this year. Was Ironman this year? Robert Downey Jr was damn 'yeng', but Batman as a character was way cooler. And, can the Joker qualify? haha.

Mama Mia - best musical award:
My eyes must have been blind and my ears shut off! How can Mamma Mia beat Sweeney Todd? Pierce Brosman and Meryl Streep CANNOT sing! Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd was so much better. Please lah.

Johnny Depp - best male performance:
He is top of the trade in all characters that he play. Have you watched the older films he did? My word, 1. he never really grew old; 2. He can act out everything!!!!! Nevertheless, much credit to Will Smith is his fantastic one-man show performance. As for Christian Bale, well, he wasn't bad. But his character out-shadowed him. haha, get it? "shadow" ... "batman" ...??? :P

Ah, well, but the public has voted....Though I never knew when this happened.

No comments: