Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer Settings

Yupp, it's the season of summer. Flip flops, tube tops, spag-straps, big bags, mini skirts and overly large shades which leaves only the tip of the nose visible.

I do wonder, however, if styles in Malaysia ought to follow the 4-seasons trend. Afterall, we do not experience it! Why can't fashion sense just change minus the 4 seasons theme? Well, I guess it only ascertains and proves that we adopt the western culture quite significantly. I have to admit, I am rather sense-less in the fashion field and most of my attempts would be flops. Besides, I rather spend my money somewhere else. Actually, my mindset should be such that I get money so much so that I do not have to choose! Now, wouldn't that be great? That day shall come Shu Li. You must tell yourself that and work towards it. *psyching myself up*

Summer time. For some, it's the time to go back home and hang out with friends and family. For the other some, it's the time to get a job and earn some money (so that you can spend it on partying throughout the year) and for the other other some, it's a time to travel.

Well, my summer is divided into 3 this year. The first part is almost over, but sadly, the third chapter would not materialise. I do have pangs of regret about it, but I guess I will make the better out of it. I have to be flexible right?

The second part of my summer would be back home, in Malaysia. So friends out there, really hope to meet up with all of you!! I'll be home from the 1st of July till 12th of August. 6 weeks exactly. I have no realistic plans underway at the moment. I did have hopes and wishes to do stuff, but I do not think that they will materilise. Like climbing Mount KK for example, or diving in the east coast of the wonderful Malaysian waters, or flying to Sabah to explore the diving sites there. Or to go camping or a road trip throughout the west coast. I want to go to a beach resort and have fun there. I also want to feel the tranquility of Fraser's Hill again (if it is still the same as 10 years ago). I wish that there would be someone out there who shares the same feelings and inspiration to do all these with me so that we can do them together. Right now, I don't know who. Any takers? I am a good partner to be with!

The first part of my summer had its ups and downs. But at the end of the day, I like to see it as a wonderful trip. A lot had been experienced, a lot more to learn. And hoping more for exciting trips again in future! I went to Northern Ireland and spent 6 days there. I guess I wasted 2 days since there were 2 places which did not need as much time, but all in all, they were magnificent, especialy the first 2 days. Absolutely breathtaking! One thing i missed out is the Antrim Coast. So any of you planning to go there, get ur legs into action and walk! (there are no public transport there as the road is too close to the cliffs and closed for large vehicles)
Again, I regret not taking more photos, especially of the little stuff that made me happy. Hugs, kisses and COFFEE!!!!!! I had a wonderful wonderful cuppa on the last day in (boring) Belfast! it has been such a lonnnggg time that I drank coffee made in a coffee outlet. And this place had barrista(s) who won 2 accolades. =D great coffee! Delightful! (but sadly, no pics. =/)


The walk towards Carrick-a-Rede, a rope bridge linking the 'mainland' to the island suspending about 75 feet above sea level. Those days, fishermen would use this rope bridge to go to the island and catch the seasonal salmon.



View from the walk towards Carrick-a-Rede.




ME! on the rope bridge. I'd say..the world is soooooo small!! I bumped into a dear dear collegemate here!! Sahar oh sahar, we got jodoh~


Higher ground view of the Giant Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage site. I would say it is the MAIN attraction in Northern Ireland, besides so many more scenic beauties!


The polygonal basalt rocks at the Giant Causeway. Most of them were hexagonal, formed by the rapid cooling of volcanic lava which spurted onto the shore. (Terms used might not be in geological context =P )Due to lack of time, I didn't manage to 'hike' up the other pile.*sigh* what a shame.




MORE PIXXIES TO COME! i have to go out to town now...ta'ra~!

3 comments:

Way Siong said...

wow, great photography skills you have there!

ShuLy said...

hehe. *_* well, with me in the pic, means i'm not the cameraperson. but i claim credit for the rest can yahhh? hhahaha. =P i want a better camera..but not sure if i should invest in one.

Way Siong said...

get a good SLR camera :P I'm learning new things about photography at the moment, wish I have one, lol! :P