Monday, May 26, 2008

A few moments later..

Oh wow. I have not put up an entry for almost 2 weeks!
Shall I update you with what has been going on? YES oh YES! :D

First of all, since returning from where L is, I immediately started on my SSC. This required me to settle in into it and get the tempo. I have yet to form a beat sadly. All I want to do now is enjoy life and be hedonistic about it!

Well, this bank holiday weekend has been fantastic! The days creeping up to it was great too. A very good learning experience and responsibility. I have not had such a pleasing responsibility for a very very very long time, and boy am I glad I took it up and did my best. :)

It was the weekend of Miss G's birthday! And we celebrated it 'kau-kau'! We discussed about what we were going to do, plan for contingencies, made arrangements, bookings, and even one of us spoke to the above apparently! haha! Then, a few of us went shopping around midnight to get the ingredients and came back around 1:00 AM to marinade the theme for Saturday's outing = BBQ PICNIC.

When BBC weather forecast gave bad news, plans swiftly changed and we started prepping the food. Two whole crates of food went into the car (Thanks LS) and we went to this park near Roath, and had helluva time! Food was aplenty and I had my first "proper" footie game!!! Awesome. It does not look as easy as it seems on telly! When I saw my bf and his friends playing, I thought they didn't looked too pro..but oopsies, now I know how HARD it is to play like what you see on the sports channel!

We had a couple hours of eating and a couple hours of games. I was really tired because of shopping the night before and I woke up quite early on Saturday too. So with all the preparations, eating and playing, I was rather tired by late evening. BUT it wasn't the end of the day yet! We had an awesome time later that night of Counterstriking. And, then came the candle-blowing around midnight....and then it was charades time. Oh wow.

The next day, we went bowling..which I thought it was rather costly, but then again, it's my first time anyway and it was a weekend afterall. So it's okay. Had quite a good time too. I got a STRIKE on the FIRST bowl!!!! After..err...8 years of not playing?!?!? I actually got a STRIKE!!! And the second was a clean ..sumthing, i.e I dropped all the pins! Oh wow. What a start. Sadly, it went downhill from there. Haha. Only got 4 strikes in total of 2 games I think.

We adjourned for dinner at Strada, an Italian restaurant by the Bay. I was hesitant over eating Italian food in UK. This is because I have been to Italy and was totally bowled over with the pasta there. It was freaking wonderful! Even the pasta cooked by the HOSTEL for FREE was superbly unspeakably out of the world! Yesterday, however, was a bit of a let down. The seafood dishes were finished barely before dinner order begun and there were not many pasta dishes on the menu. I'm a pasta-goer, especially to 'judge' an Italian eatery. The mains was a bit of a let-down, but the dessert was good.

Birthday cake time again..and I think Miss G loved it! haha. We knew it was gonna be oh-so-cool to get her what she got! :D

None other than a MANCHESTER UTD CAKE!! And furthermore, they won the Champs League a couple days before! LoL. I think that makes up for the 'mistake' I made in the previous entry! No longer a mistake now eh *wink* ;)

Ah..it was a good time. :) Wish we do this more often. Smaller scale, but equally fun.

Blasting!!!!

xoxo

TO MISS G, I HOPE YOU HAD A TERRIFIC BIRTHDAY AND MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE! TO A GREAT YEAR AHEAD, CHEERS!

(photos to follow soon...they're not in my camera)

No comments: