Monday, November 24, 2008

20th November

The touch of a frail elderly woman in post-op pain,
Talking to me, giving me her best smile to encourage me;

The little girl who giggles and runs about,
She waves at me, and baby talks to me in French, unknowing that her baby brother might not be doing too well;

The eager, excited yet nervous doting dads,
Whose tears of joy make you quiver in awe;

The picture of a family,
Painting a scene of fullness, and completion;

Like the baby brother of the french belle,
who made it through the week, being discharged,
and I so happen was at the hospital's exit,
being recognized, wishing them well,
and saw the family leave, complete.

Then, there is the woman, who has been through it all,
Exuberating the strength, of being one.

I live for moments like these.

Shu Li’s gotta endure and strive!

Taking each day, as it comes along, as it is, and being thankful, that I have, a day to live by, a day to live for, and a day to reflect on yesterday.

No comments: