Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Running

I wish to run into the sea,
stampede against the fine sand of the beach,
then the compact solid sand as approach the coastline.

I want to run into the waters as I peel my outer clothes away,
then go against the crashing waves and let the resistance show its presence.
I want to feel the splashes of water droplets against my body or spitting on my face or stinging my eyes.
I want my taste buds to tingle with natural salts and olfactorise the smell of the sea;
all these when I set myself free..freeing all senses,
letting them take their form.

I haven’t been into the open waters for way too long. 5 years now. I have only managed to come close to it, to see it, to hear it, but never to feel it. And sometimes, you need to embrace it all to actually feel its embodiment.

Would you like to let yourself go, and join me, in what some may think as a crazy intention? Then again, what’s so absurd about something so simple such as running into the sea?

Instead of asking why you should do it? Why not.. 

When you're running, you're running away from something, yet towards another thing or you could be doing both for the same thing

No comments: