Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A day of mine

It was a busy day. Nothing out of the ordinary, but not too bland either. Quite a tangible delight. I am not a very private person. I like to tell things to others. So today, I am going to tell you about a rather tasteful day.

I slept late last night after drinking a cup of tea and coffee, hoping not to fall asleep at 6pm. Oh, and of course, to get some work done. I did stay awake, but my mind wasn't. Ah well. I did wake up early - thus the need for more chemical booster. Thing is, when my mind is bothered with something, I am unable to sleep well. This is something I have probably inherited from mom!

The day started with me attempting to do some work, but ended up finishing a movie instead- How to lose a guy in 10 days! Then, I went for clinics - it was good, and I managed to follow-through with a patient. I wanted to complete the whole process, but was told to go for teaching instead. I thought I was late, but the 'teacher' was later. Good for me! Saw a face that made me smile, and faces that made me cheerful.

Teaching was good and ended at 1220. Then, I confirmed the time for the next meeting from the department I am in with the office staff before heading off for lunch with the rest. Came back at 1pm, only to realise that the meeting had started at 1230! I must have looked bad in the eyes of my consultant. It really wasn't my fault. I hope that people in general would not jump to conclusion about others. I will make it a point not to.

Then, I decided to go for another teaching before heading to theatres for the second case. I have seen quite a number of the kind of case first on the list. Midway through teaching, the coordinator waved me out, and told me that the HO called me to go to theatre because they had swapped the list around. SUCH A NICE GUY HE IS!!! I want to be like him! He knew I wanted to see that case, remembered, and called me!!!!***love***

I observed that op, then scrubbed in for the next. I got to do suturing - again ;P
I am under a consultant who is very stern, strict and thorough in what he does. He is quite a character too. Towards the end, he said, "You are going to do surgery right?" ....I stood there, next to him, flabbergasted. Never in a million years would I expect those words to be pronounced by him. I mean, he's someone who is very particular about the way things are done and should be done, and by all means, I understand that he has his reasons for doing so. I don't see him saying something like that at all!

After some shocking split seconds, I replied, "Yes, I sure do hope so". Then, another unexpected word was dropped onto me. He said, "Good."

(O.o)

Followed by, "You've got a surgical neck."

Me: ".....??...."
(seconds past)
Me: " Mr G, what do you mean by a surgical neck?"

..he explained briefly.

I've never told him about thoughts of my future, neither has he ever hinted of asking!

I know that some people don't give compliments because they think it might get into the head of the person, or that they think better can always be accomplished, or simply, they just don't.

SO, I am making it a point here, that I shall NOT take that into head. Instead, it will be just into my heart. Sufficient to be encouraged, and that bit of confidence to take that first baby step towards the arms of someone/something I can trust to stand tall and straight.

All said and done, this has now made me even more frightened than ever before - because it seems as though there are people who have much more experience than I will ever dream of getting or being, people I respect and admire greatly; who see something in me that is barely visible to me.

After theatre, ran home, ate some food - first for the day, changed and off for badminton! Great game, good match, nice company. Take-away dinner, unnecessary clogging of arteries, some warm fuzzy moments and a nice bath.

Now, time to get off the internet and *attempt* for...(eeks)..w.o.r.k!

2 comments:

jl said...

wow so happening. my day = go to work, try to avoid work, come home, eat, think about buying stuff, buy stuff online, sleep. Or reverse if im on evening shift. LOL

ShuLy said...

LOL.. am sure loads happen at work, home and outdoors..! its just he way that u describe it! =P shoppin sounds brill~!