Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's a wrap..

The final curtain draws, the end of another chapter.

"Shu Li, You'll be a good surgeon.."
"All the best."

Its difficult, when someone trusts you more than you trust yourself. It is very difficult.

And when that person says that, how much should you trust it?

Those were the words of my consultant, one of the most senior surgeons at the hospital (if not, the most), an examiner in the MRCS and FRCS examinations and for consultancy posts. Who has been praising me in front of his colleagues, and according to them, very unlike him. Yet, I don't know what is it that I have done! I have not done anything monumental to deserve it.

It has left me thinking..why and what is it that I cannot see.
It has left me with a dilemma. I am in a moment of quandary.

No comments: