Monday, January 01, 2007

gastronomic delight =D

A fraction of what I stomached..



all in all:

chicken, cod, salmon, lamb, beef, duck, veal, pork/cured meats, escargots, oysters, foie gras, crepe, ice cream, french fast food (burgers! LoL), espresso, hot chocolate, raviolli, pasta, risotto, Yule log, and lots of chocolate..























There is just too much to blog about my holiday. I don't know where to start, and even if I manage to find my first sentence, I might just not be able to stop..!! ..i'm just too lazy to arrange and explain each and every photo here. But believe me, all of them is worth putting up...bertollini ice cream, raw beef, raw salmon, raviolli filled with asparagus tips and pecorino with lightly browned grana padano topping, whole duck foie gras,...
It has been quite a holiday. Like any other holiday, there were the ups and the downs. Nevertheless, all was well. The downs strenghtened us, the ups made me glad and appreciate even more for who we are.
And now, pixxies time!! It's all about the food this time. UK is sooooo deprived of goodies like these. =/ All dishes were wonderfully done and beautifully explained on the menu..


Poulets, i.e. chickenns!! hahaha..with head and tail still feathered!















Cod fish





Cold dish platter - cured meats, pate foie gras de canard, pasta, risotto and sea snails (not seen in pic)












back of cod with light virgin sauce, lemon, tomatoes and aromatic herbs served with potatoes and grilled vegetables.









Absolutely gorgeous Yule log









3 comments:

lav said...

Yummy!!!....If I intend 2 keep my new year resolutions, I should stop readin ur blogs :p....But I'd try in vain anyway..haha

monkticon said...

the pictures looks tasty on its own...*sighs*

ShuLy said...

hehe...yeah, they were really good. and all the better because i got to share them with the loved one~