Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Too little solutes...

Too dilute...

That would aptly describe me. All nonsense, little substance.

The month coming up to January is not a good month. For one, Valentine's Day is up. It is definitely overly commercialized, and people seem cuckoo doing the most outrageous things. But then again, whoever said that love is a rational entity. Gee, don't you just miss those school days where roses and chocolates come with anonymous admirers? Or the sweet and innocent you dreaming of celebrating one with prince charming?

Then, it's time to usher in the new lunar year. Year of the.....Pig! *oink* -snorts-
geez..can't believe I am a soon-to-be 22 year old girl. I still see myself as 21. It's like being at the border age of young and OLD! It's going to be yet another lonely, ordinary Chinese New Year this year..and perhaps for the rest of the 3-4 coming ones. How will things be like back home after such a long absence of celebrating it? Would I still feel the same boisterous atmosphere and mood? How would my extended family interact now that we've all grown up, leading our respective lifestyle. Would the new generation of germline be a clone of how we once were? I have seen much changes since teenhood. We were more aware of ourselves, needing time to melt the ice.. The 'round table' has definitely decreased in numbers, and cookies weren't as traditional as they once were. Few are taking the effort to really make them and decorations are also simple and basic.

We used to have big beautiful red lanterns hung out on the porch, with the assortment of flowering plants blooming, timely fertilized to blossom with the new year, the little pink budded tree with red packets hanging to its branches, a sparkly clean house as most would come back even before new year's eve (sadly, working life don't allow this anymore), bouquets of flowers from florist friends decorating the interior of the house.....and most of us, dressed up because, I must say, I have a bad sense in dressing myself up.

(wishing that I have a photo of then to put up....they are not with me though)

3 comments:

monkticon said...

*sighs* miss those days of CNY huh..

ShuLy said...

yeah....

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.